Thursday, October 23, 2008

Red Ribbon Week

Tomorrow is the last day of Red Ribbon Week at OHS. I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised at the number of students that have participated in dress up days. Special props to Destiny Robles who only knows one level of commitment, complete! I secretly hoped for an army of Perez clones on the "dress like your favorite teacher day". It fed the dictator in me that very quickly had to be supressed when I envisioned an army of me, marching in formation. But then the vision gets weird and we (all of the me's, them's...I guess)start dancing around like the zombie dancers in the Micheal Jackson "Thriller" Video. If you haven't seen it, treat yourself and have a good laugh on the 80's; I won't be the last. Ha Ha. I guess I will have to keep my day job! Sorry, back on topic now...So I was impressed with number of students who participated in the Red Ribbon Week activities. I know that there are a good number of kids who struggle secretly with addictions or have a close friend who might, and not all of them drug related. If I could just encourage you to get help from family and friends. Don't believe that lie about "what you do only affects yourself". No person is alone, ever, no matter how alone they might feel.

No comments: