Wednesday, November 5, 2008

In over my head....

O.K., I know that it is never cool to admit when you are being slammed around, but I just have to get this out because, lets face it, sometimes you just have to take your lumps in order to get stuff done. In spite of the chaos, I am really excited by what is going on in all of my classes. Keep up the good work. If you feel in over your head, your not alone; we will fight to the surface and swim for the proverbial shore, together! HUZZAH!

Find your people to get the lowdown and the info you need,
P.

Creative Writing

I just want to start with how incredibly proud I am of you for undertaking this insane task of writing a novel in 30 days. You can do it! You can do it! I really just fell into this particular assignment with little abandon, several of you leading the charge (you know who you are!). We are 5 days into the drafting process, so stick with it. Set those reminders up to write each day in order to hit your word count amounts, and don't let up! I look forward to reading you excerpts and discussing how you are crafting the work into what you want it to be. Believe me, you can do it! If you haven't signed up at Nanowrimo, you are going to need to do that soon. Now quite wastign time and get to crackin.
P.



Freshmen English:

It is hard to believe that we are almost done with the first semester. You guys are really progressing along well. We are in the throes of Romeo and Juliet, and I beleieve that most of you are enjoying the play so far. I thought that it would be to your benifit to post 2 items here; the questions to the play for each Act, and the notes for the play in their entireity. If for some reason you are sick and need either of them, they will be here for the month. Be sure to purchase your dover copy of the play for $1.00 so that you can write in your own copy, take notes, highlight, etc! Besides, soda rots your teeth and guts, and who doesn't like Shakespeare ;)
P;)

Here is a link to the No Fear Shakespeare site. To the best of my knowledge, they have online access to the text FOR FREE! Thought that it could be of some use to you.
No Fear Shakespeare





Junior English:

With end of the first semester in sight, it is really hard to believe the you are only a few short months away till the Xmas break. Hang in there! John Grisham's A Painted House has been filling our days of late. I figured that this would be a great read to take into the break. It's all story and not quite as pensive as the Romantacists and early American Lit that we had been reading. Please be sure to turn in your Outlines for the 3 Ring Venn Diagram essays on Friday 11/7with the final draft due on 11/14. If you are having trouble turning the corner in your paper and making sense out of the whole thing come by and see me. I am always happy to spend some time helping folks workout ideas. It thought that it would be a good idea to post a few items here incase you wanted to make your own copies or need to make your own written copies at your lesiure. At your disposal are the Q's for Painted House (I will have to continually update this over the course of the novel, so check back for more chapter Q's soon!), the slide guide that I gave out in class.



No comments: